Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Presentation over !!

I've been a little stressed at times over the last few days - I had a presentation for today, which I didn't start writing til monday afternoon, since I only got my practical project draft back from my supervisor on monday morning (and I was working on my literary project last week). But it went ok ! And in fact, the actual writing of things went far more smoothly than I could have expected. There were a few of us giving 10-15 minute talks on our practical projects and all of the supervisors and second markers there (so quite a few people to get into the small area where we had the talks). It was good to hear a bit about other peoples' projects, though even at this level they are so specialised that it was hard to follow some of the talks sometimes. I was so nervous though beforehand - I couldn't stop my whole body from shaking. I didn't want to let down my supervisors, and also wanted to make a good impression on my second marker (who will be giving me my viva next term) and also not to let my tutor down either (who I only discovered would be attending this afternoon !) But as I said, it was ok, and my supervisors were very happy with it - they're both so lovely and really supportive in everything.

Now however, as always when you make a big effort and then it's over, my tiredness is catching up on me. I haven't been particularly well the last few days (as seems to be common with many people at this time of term) which that hasn't been helping my concentration due to disturbed sleeping, and is also catching up on me. I also do have much more work still to be done, but I'm going to take a bit of time off now til friday (woo!) due to various things: I'm looking very much forward to LiveSoc tonight (last one with the current committee) and to going home tomorrow - ummm, just one minor problem with that...I have to pack first ! Oh well, tomorrow morning it shall have to be...

So then...all friends in Bristol, I shall see you sometime after Easter, (if not on the 9th April or at Spring Harvest) and those at home, hopefully I'll get to see some of you in the next few weeks :-)

p.s. everyone should comment on this blog here don't ask why, just do it !

3 comments:

Jammin said...

Hey, I'm really glad it went well! Well done! Mine wasn't too bad either, although I've got to write my final report now!

Ro said...

:-) Thanks ! Good good - (yeah, I have to finish my write up too! Hope that all goes ok Jammin.)

Roberto said...

Thanks for the link, Ro - keep spreading the love, people...