Well, another year gone by. It's now 2007 ! (And I'd only just gotten used to writing 2006 on everything!) Happy New Year ! I hope that you have all had a good Christmas and New Year. Mine has been a little mixed, but good mostly. Has been good to have some time at home and I had great fun at a friends' party last night for New Year.
I always find it strange at New Year, cause I tend to think of the beginning of a new year in September, i.e. the new academic year, and so do the whole 'reflecting on the past year' thing then, but I guess it can't hurt to do it twice ! I hope you all have a good day today, but in that, I challenge you all to think about what your best moment(s) of 2006 were. I was challenged to do that by my small group (aka Huddle) at the Woodies staff Christmas lunch a couple of weeks ago. I had to think quite hard to narrow it down, but was a good thing to do as it brought back a lot of memories (both good and bad). And I think (to get everyone started) I narrowed mine down to two very good moments:
1) In the Easter holidays when I gotten a lift back with a friend to Bristol after a week in Skegness for Spring Harvest, I stayed the night in my house at the time, and the next evening went to the last (with their current line-up at the time) New Root gig, at the Fleece. It was the first time I've actually gone with a group of people, rather than just seeing other Rooters there. And I just really had such an AMAZING night; listening to the New Root and seeing how much they were enjoying playing, and spending time with so many good friends :-)
2) Seeing the Grand Canyon in the summer. It's just amazing ! It really showed me the literal meaning of the word breathtaking. People say seeing is believing, but I couldn't even believe it when I saw it with my own eyes. So huge and amazing. Can't be described. Was altogether a great holiday this summer. Was great to be with my family and the Grand Canyon was only one of so many amazing things we saw.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment