A slightly lighter post than my last one :-) It's another Eurovision final this saturday. Held in Finland, after getting distracted from work and looking through some of the acts (as shown on the BBC news website) I can see that it promises to be an interesting evening. Acts ranging from dance, to 'typical eurovision', to heavy rock and songs about vampires ! But have you seen the UK entry ? Honestly, go and watch the music video on their myspace. So funny (intentionally?) - I think (unless I am drastically mistaken) that the UK are due for another year of low points. The band has many similarities in my mind with Steps, not that it's entirely a terrible song completely, fairly catchy etc, but it's just so unoriginal - and it seems to be a balance between originality, so a song sticks out, and the kind of songs people always like that win (last year as an exception, where 'originality' did win it). I hate using the word cheesy, but if it applied anywhere, it would be here. The music video is so funny - the bit which finally cracked me up was where the whole plane starts bopping in time with the beat (go have a look). Well, we shall see what happens on sat. As we know, anything can happen at Eurovision. Personally, I quite like the entry from Serbia (no 3 in the BBC article) and I hope it gets through to the final and does really well (semi-finals tonight). And, much as I love the Swiss, I really hope that Switzerland do really badly (although, knowing Eurovision I doubt it unfortunately.)
In other news, I turned 22 last saturday ! (Hoorah!) I had a lovely restful weekend at home and am really grateful to everyone who sent me texts/facebook messages and cards etc. I have such amazing friends ! :-)
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment