Sunday, November 30, 2008

:-)

Guess what I did today ?!...I bought a new guitar :-) (Still hasn't quite sunk in that it's mine yet!) It was fairly expensive, but it is very beautiful (I wasn't too keen on the colour at first, but it's growing on me) and sounds truly amazing. I was very much in need of a new guitar, and have been looking around for a while, but we found this one today. (For anyone interested, it's a handcrafted Tanglewood, brazillian rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. mmmm... Still needs to have a pick-up and a pick-guard fitted, but that's a problem for another day). No regrets so far. Good decision I think. I shouldn't ever need to buy another guitar again. Oh, and it truly was a profitable (but expensive) day as Glyn also managed to find himself a new bouzouki too, very excitingly, from a Luthier in East London. It's not every day you get to see the inside of an instrument maker's workshop ! Was very interesting. All in all, a very good day :-D

No comments: