Monday, February 19, 2007

Blog tech issues

To all you users of blogger out there who still read this, I have a couple of tech questions to ask...

1) You know you can now add labels to posts? Well, how do you get the different labels to appear down the right sidebar of the blog, so you can click and find all posts with that label (like on the woodies worship blog, or on Rob's blog) ? I may just be being really dense, but I can't seem to find any option which allows me to add them !

2) How do you change the settings so that your blog appears on your user profile ? I now contribute to two blogs, but only the Woodies worship leaders comes up on my profile. Currently the only way of finding my blog from my profile is because I've set it as my homepage. When I go to the settings page which says "Select blogs to appear on profile", Ro's ramblings isn't one of the blogs listed there. Hmmmm...

Help appreciated !

In other news, my guitar sounds nice again thanks to a spare hour and a spare set of guitar strings ! :-)

4 comments:

Roberto said...

Can't help you with the profile (as far as I'm aware it *should* be in that "select blogs to display bit) - unless perhaps there's a "make my blog private" setting somewhere in the publishing/formatting bit?

In the new blogger you can add a "label" section in the "layout" editor, which automatically adds all your labels.

Ro said...

Thanks Rob. It's so complicated !

I've had a play, and have now got labels, but now all my links have disappeared somewhere and my font has gone all funny :-(

I've worked out what it is about the blog. It's not set blog as private as such, but on basic there's an option to not have your blog in blogger's listings. And as I've said no, it hides the blog everywhere. I really want my blog on my profile, but am a bit reluctant to add it to blogger's listings. Advice ?

Ro said...

Right...think I know how to put the links back again. They must have done it to make blogger more 'user friendly' as you don't have to understand html now. But is annoying just as I'd figured out how everything worked !

Will have a play and put it all back to normal later - need some tea now !

Ro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.