Well, where to start ! (This is the problem with such a ‘long’ time from blogging). I got back to Bristol on Wednesday afternoon after having spent several days in St Andrews and then a bit of a longer weekend than originally planned at home.
I guess I should start from where I left off last. My last exam was okish – the questions were nice, or so I thought at least, but being so exhausted after those few intense weeks I think my essay structure suffered a little despite the niceness of the qus. But it was done anyway. The biochemists then had a good time going to the pub and then for a meal together (tho I decided not to then go with them to the club as I was so tired). My mood was a bit odd that night. I guess it was mainly just the complete exhaustion. People kept saying that I should be excited to be finished, but to be honest, that night I just felt so tired and like collapsing in a small heap and crying my heart out !
I felt a bit better the next day. It was all a bit manic though – packing and then meeting some biochemist friends for smoothies (I recommend Shaken Stephens on Park Street to anyone who hasn’t been) and then lunch. I then dashed to get a bus to the airport. What then happened was amazing: I was really nervous about travelling to St Andrews by myself, mainly because I’d never flown by myself before (and I don’t like airports even when I am with other people). But, I happened to meet a fellow Biochemist in the Bristol departure lounge, and discovered that she was flying to Edinburgh too, so we were able to travel together to Edinburgh airport and then to the station. I then had to work out how to get the train to Leuchars (which I got about 2 mins after having come into the station) and then happened to sit next to someone who was travelling to St Andrews too, so was able to guide me etc. Amazing. I didn’t have time to feel scared, or even to do any of the things which I’d brought with me to do on the journey !
I loved being in St Andrews ! It’s all so beautiful up there, I kept wanting to take photos of everything (so I now have a large number to sort through!) It was the first time I’d been to see Charly, although she’s visited me in Bristol twice now. It was great to see where she’s been living, to meet some of her friends, to get a tour of the town…we had much fun together (although not much sleep). It was especially fun flying a kite (which we named Dougal) and playing Frisbee (Frank) on the beach and proceeding to get sunburnt ! (We had beautiful weather, but cause it’s so windy by the coast there, you don’t realise quite how hot it is !) It was also amazing just how many other people I ‘bumped into’ that I knew, but had forgotten were also in St Andrews. Was good to get up to date with all their news !
So I was in beautiful Scotland until Friday afternoon, when I then flew to Heathrow (after a slight delay in the airport) and spent a few days at home. The Saturday was my Uncle’s wedding, the Sunday we all went out for my G’pa’s birthday. The Tuesday I went to see X-Men III with my brother – a very good film, I recommend it, but I thought it was quite sad though. Then back to Bristol on Wednesday, just in time to go to a friend’s house and then to the theatre for her birthday !
I now just feel, after all this excitement, that I want a few days of doing not much ! Yesterday I was attempting to work through my list of ‘things I need to do but will put off until after exams’ – just admin type stuff, alongside a few other things, like cooking/cleaning/playing guitar and singing (I meant to practise for only ½ an hour, but ended up staying in the union practise room for an hour and ½ !!!) Today will probably be more of the same, with CU this evening – it will be nice to go, as I haven’t been able to go for a very long time !
So…there you have it. Whether you wanted to know or not, there is a brief summary of what I’ve been up to for the last week and a bit ! Is a very strange feeling not needed to revise (I still keep feeling like I should be doing some). But it is nice that now I’m finished, I can try to do lots of things to help those who haven’t yet. I’m looking forward to all the exciting things coming up, but not so much to thinking seriously about next year…but I need some time to rest first…maybe next week ?!!
Friday, June 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment