I've been busy the last few days. First there was the excitment of watching Casualty filming last week, then I jammed with a friend in the Union for 3 hours on friday morning (we lost track of time a little ! I was playing bass, so my shoulders and fingers didn't let me forget it in a hurry, but it was well worth it !) Then met up with another friend for coffee. Rushed to pack and went to Dartmoor for the weekend with the Christian Union. We had an amazing weekend. I learnt lots, had lots of fun, met some new people, took too many photos, played more bass...we did have a slightly interesting time on the way when as soon as we started encountering big hills in Dartmoor, the coach started struggling, and eventually broke down due to the radiator busting ! So we had to start walking to the place. It was a 'half hour' walk - it actually would have taken much longer than that had we had to walk the whole way, but in the end we just walked about 40minutes and then got picked up by the car shuttle that they'd started to run between the house and us. Was good though, because we wouldn't have appreciated the beauty of the countryside as much otherwise, and it was a good bonding exercise !
We did get back safely on sunday evening in the end (after a slight panic that the coach had broken down again!) And I went to church on sunday evening. This evening went to the CU clifton BBQ, which was really fun, but I'm quite tired now (a bit of barn dancing during the evening!)
Am looking forward to all the things which are coming up in the next few weeks, going round to friends house, Wills ball, graduation ball, more BBQs and picnics...but at the same time, it is all tinged with a bit of sadness, that this is the last time for a while if not forever that I'll see some people. Even if I do eventually decide to stay in Bristol next year, things still won't be the same. I would no longer be a student-e.g. I couldn't be involved in Union Societies or with Student Pastorate...plus some of my good friends are moving on. I think it was brought home to me more after the CU houseparty, which was my last one (after having been on every one since being at uni. I.e. that was number 6!) and when a friend who was going on holiday the next day had to say goodbye. I got a little overwhelmed in Church that evening. I know that I will keep in contact with people, but it won't be the same. But then, I do trust God, that whatever He's got in store for me in the future it will be good.
That wasn't really what I was originally intending to blog on...but that's I guess what happens when I don't plan and just write and am tired (rambling I guess).
Anyway...the plug bit: If anyone in Bristol is free TOMORROW (wednesday) evening and fancies a bit of LIVE MUSIC, then come down to the Bristol Student Union. LiveSoc is holding their last event of the term and year. It should be good - 5 bands and I'm opening the night with a short acoustic set. STARTS AT 8 PROMPT. AR2 (aka Mandella Bar) Be great to see anyone there who's able to come !
P.s. I highly recommend the band Starfield. I just got their first album last week and love it ! It's exactly the kind of music I love - can't believe it's taken me so long to get their music (it wasn't a spontaneous purchase, like many are, but I'd been wanting this for a good long while). As you can see, the current quote is from one of their songs - it's one which really struck me. And if you want to check out their music more, I currently have one of their songs on my MySpace profile, and from there you can also access their myspace which has some more of their music on !
Right...time for lost (the TV programme, I'm not actually intending to get lost, don't worry) and then bed. Early rise required tomorrow. Maybe see some of you tomorrow ?
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment