We also got to play with playdoh, the results of which can be seen in the picture below (bear in mind that this is the first time I have ever used playdoh, and that my sculpting skills have a lot to be desired).

Basically we had to make something which represented us - like a baby/child or something else which represents us. I went for the child thing, since I couldn't think what else to make. Then we had some music play, and took some time to think about the fact that God had made us, created us, that we were unique, we are "fearfully and wonderfully made", that we were all planned - none of us occurred by accident. I found the rest of the evening quite hard, since 1) I was concentrating on playing some of the time and 2) the whole topic of identity is a hard one for me, so I was very tempted to just kinda switch off and let it all just brush over me as I found it too hard to accept. But this playdoh thing, despite not being a great fan normally, I really liked. Somehow when you actually hold something, it sometimes makes more of an impression than just thinking about something. And while I have a long way to go in terms of learning to understand and accept who I am, I was reminded of the words to this song (which we actually sang tonight):
"Into Your hands, I commit again
with all I am for You Lord
And You hold my world, in the palm of Your hands
and I am Yours forever
Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
You're the reason that I live,
the reason that I sing,
with all I am
I walk with You wherever You go
through tears and joy
I'll trust in You
And I will live, in all of Your ways
Your promises forever."
-->Is what gave me the inspiration for the photo. Was just amazing, holding that model of me in my hands, and thinking that actually, God is doing that with me - holding me in His hands. Amazing.

No comments:
Post a Comment