Friday, February 03, 2006

Excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know: more exclamation marks in the title; but I can't help it. I am excited !

I should first say probably that the talk on tuesday (which I mentionned in the two previous posts) seemed to go well. Professor Halestrap spoke really well, the practicalities seemed to go fine, and lots of people came - in fact, a friend of mine had said beforehand that the ideal thing would be to have a packed room, but not so many people that we ran out of food; which is pretty well exactly what happened ! I was really excited by the turn out, and in particular that so many people I knew came, and were given lots to think about. I think that I've been getting into the rut of expecting this year to be like the last 2 years - in the past I've had so much frustration when I've invited people along to talks like this, but noone's come. But God's been starting to shake me out of that familiarity, and show me that actually, people are receptive to coming along to these kind of talks. I just need to keep inviting people, and that's all I can do.

That leads me on nicely to mentionning the talks which are being put on next week (every lunchtime, monday-friday, in Wills Memorial and every evening, monday-friday, in the Bristol Student Union). I will put a "timetable" of what talk is each day up on sunday probably. Do think about coming along, even if I haven't been able to invite you personally - there are just some massive questions which we all need to make sure we look into, like: what's the point of life (is there one?), who am I, and who is Jesus - He makes some big claims, which should deserve at least looking into. Sorry for pressing the point rather, but I am just excited about the opportunities we (in Bristol) have next week of being able to investigate these questions further, and why should I not use every means at my disposal (which includes my blog) for publicising that ?

Anyway...I am also very excited about the Woodies Student weekend away which is this weekend !! (That is, as long as the nightmare I had last night doesn't come true - of me forgetting to go until too late !) Each one I have been on since I have been in Bristol has been so different, but all really good in their own ways. I am hoping that this weekend will be a good chance to "be still" before the busyness of next week, and a good chance to get to know some of the other students at Woodies even better. I'm also excited about the topic we're looking at, of being "Kingdom People" (i.e. what it means to be living in the Kingdom of God).

But unfortunately, before that I have an essay which must be written - it's for monday, but I want to finish it today so that I'm not worrying about it all weekend ! So please excuse me while I go and see how much of my revision of phosphoinositide signalling I remember. I shall blog again soon :-)

No comments: