Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's official !

Well, I am now officially a graduate from Bristol University ! Yesterday we went up to Bristol for the day for the ceremony etc. It felt a little surreal at times- I don't think it's yet sunk in (still) that I've finished. Plus, everything went so fast, in a bit blurr, and were so many people I wanted to say hi to...It was great to see course mates again (most of them had come), although for some reason it didn't feel like it had been nearly 2 months since I've seen most of them. I have some nice photos from the day, plus a swish DVD of the ceremony (since anything before I went up on the stage I didn't really take in anything, due to being so scared !)

The speech at the end made me think a lot, especially when he started talking about us taking a moment to look back at the people we were when we came to Bristol, and the people we are now. It's funny, cause in myself I don't feel like I've changed - coming back home I still have the same weaknesses and struggles that I did before, and although I'm maybe more aware of some of them now, I don't feel like I've gained much ground. But then, I think I probably have changed. When I think back over all the experiences I've had these 3 years and all the amazing people I've met, not to mention all the things I've done - many of which I wouldn't have even contemplated before uni, but was able to do with the support of good friends, I think that I probably have changed, even if I'm myself not aware of it.

Anyway...reflection over for the minute...I must now sign off blogger for a while, as I'm going away for a few weeks. I have a few things to sort out and the small matter of packing to think about before then, but I will be back, and will post an update then. Take care everyone. x

No comments: