Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"Time flies when..."

I guess it's been a while since my last 'proper' post. Although on paper when I try to think about what I've been doing the last week and a bit since being back it wouldn't look like I'd done a huge amount, it still feels like I've been busy (a great talent of mine I think !) I have managed to catch up on sleep a little, and had such a good time this past weekend - went to Wimbledon for the day on saturday to watch some tennis with two of my housemates from this year. They then stayed over with me on the sat night and came to church with me on sun morning before heading back. Was really good to see them! Funny how it takes til the end of uni for me to feel like uni and home life are more integrated. I always before felt like I lived in two completely separate worlds (a common feeling I think among students, but nevertheless a very odd one) and have felt torn in two for the best part of 3 years. Now tho, I think because i know I will have to make an effort to see people and will be seeing a fair few uni people this summer, it almost feels like 1 life I'm living again. Doesn't solve the problems of next year (I won't even go there) but it certainly helps in other ways.

It's been so hot in the last few days that I haven't felt like doing much since the weekend, apart from watching tennis or being outside. But tonight I'm going back to my old school for the summer concert (I've been back to many of the concerts since I've left - still a very odd feeling, being able to sit in the audience !) and am meeting up with a few good friends beforehand for a meal. Am looking forward to it. :-)

No comments: