Monday, January 02, 2006

First post of 2006 !

Well, I know it's been a while, but let me wish everyone a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! Welcome to 2006 ! I hope that everyone had a good Christmas and enjoyed celebrating the new year.

At the start of a new year, I always try and take the time to reflect on how the past year has been, and where things are going for the next year - I don't ever manage to make enough time as I should or I'd like, just because everything is so busy, and it does feel weird trying to think over a year in terms of date (since being at Uni i tend to think of everything in terms of academic year!) But it is a useful thing to do.

2005 has been, or I spose was, quite a year ! I won't go into specifics here, but suffice to say that I feel like a lot has happened and just know that 2005 was a big year for me in many respects. And 2006...well...I have to say I'm scared stiff about what's coming - about this next term (for many reasons) and then what I should be doing after this year finishes (as I should have been applying for things already). But I just need to remember that whatever is coming, I don't have to face it alone. (Over this holiday, ever since I was directed there by a friend, I have found certain verses in the Bible really helpful to me - Acts17:24-28, especially 27-28. If you have a Bible you may want to check them out.)

At the start of each new year I am reminded of a sunrise. I have always loved sunrises - as well as being very beautiful, to me they always symbolise a fresh start, a new day (or in this case year). I want to live this year yes being mindful of the past, but at the same time pressing on into what God has in store for this year !

Anyway, I should be getting on with things - amazing how you can spend weeks in the holidays feeling very busy but then at the end of the day you don't quite know what you were busy with or where the time has gone ! (Is that a common experience or is it just me ?) I will blog again when I have something worth blogging about. Til then, enjoy 2006 !

No comments: