Well, it's been a while ! And again, as last time, (I think it's to do with the fact that uni has started up again - although I can't believe that it's only been a week !) my thoughts have been moving too fast, and so I have failed to blog about many things that I intended to. So, I will comment further on point 1 from my last post, plus a couple of other things, and then (before I start rambling too much) I shall leave you with a song by Ginny Owens, the words of which have really struck me recently, for you to ponder on.
(Btw, I'm starting to like this "bullet-point thing" - it helps me order my thoughts, plus probably makes it easier for you all to read than my standard, long rambles !)
So: 1) remember when I said last time that when I was feeling down, I was faced by the choice to "lie" and say I was fine, or to "be honest" and say I'm not ? Well, I actually don't think the telling everyone I'm feeling rubbish is being honest either and isn't helpful: So often I just get things out of perspective so badly. In fact, I do have so much in my life to be grateful for, and my rollercoastering emotions aren't really an accurate indication of how things are going.
Other things:
2) I have now started an HTML tutorial, which is proving really interesting ! At the moment it's just giving me basic grasp of the concepts used, but hopefully eventually I'll learn something to help me as I fiddle with blog and MySpace pages. - Don't expect too much though, yet !
3) If anyone is interested, tomorrow night in the Bristol Student's Union LiveSoc (The Live Music Society) is going to be having their fortnightly "open Mic Night" (in which I'm playing a short set). It's always a really good time, fairly chilled with some good music ! It's in AR2 from 8 onwards (til bout 10.30/11ish). Sorry for the plug - but then it would be good to see people there, and I'm never very good at telling people about things. Plus I spose it's allowed for me to plug shamelessly on my own site ?
4) The song I promised you:
Do take some time to read through the lyrics. No pun intended, but the lyrics are beautiful, and even better - true !
"I've been waiting
For a hero who's brave and strong-
Someone to love me,
Someone to tell me I belong,
So I pretend I'm satisfied,
And I stand watching from the sidelines,
Till You pull me into the light
And say, "It's Your turn now,
Welcome to your life!"
(Chorus)
And You call me beautiful,
And say You've loved me all along,
And You've always held the keys to unlock my soul
Oh You call me beautiful
There's a smile on my face,
And a brand new light in my eyes,
It's a new day,
And I've never felt so alive-
I feel as if I could conquer anything,
Oh thats what Your love has done for me,
And now all I want to be,
Is everything You want me to be-
(Chorus)
And You call me beautiful,
And say You've loved me all along,
And You've always held the keys To unlock my soul,
But I didn't know-
Now I can finally start to live,
Take those chances I have missed,
Things will be much different,
Now that I know You call me beautiful
(Bridge)
The story is better than I could dream after all,
Now this is reality
To know You and to hear You call me beautiful
Call me beautiful-
Now I can finally start to live,
Take those chances I have missed,
Things will be much different,
Now that I know-
Now that I know
You call me beautiful"
-"You Call Me Beautiful"
song by Ginny Owens
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Ro!
I like your blog, your ramblings are really interesting. How did the Open Mic Night go?
Hope work is going well,
Rich.
PS: I think the pink works well... :)
Hey Rich,
thanks for your comment, and for liking the pink ! Glad you enjoy reading my ramblings :-)
Thanks for asking about the open mic night - I may also say this in my next post - but basically I was on first. I was terrified (even more so than last time), and so my voice felt very shakey. Because of that, it didn't sound entirely how I'd wanted it to, despite having practised so much ! But I just gave it all I could, and people seemed to enjoy the songs I played, which is the main thing. Plus I did have a really good evening - going first meant I could then sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the evening more without feeling nervous.
I hope you're doing ok !
Post a Comment