...For those who may be interested. Although I know that God can heal people, I do think he uses doctors sometimes too :-) Hence I went to Student Health today (the first time I've been to see a doctor for years and years !!!) I was expecting long queues and a very long wait, but in fact I was in and out again within half an hour !
I was told that I've damaged a ligament on the right side of my left knee, but that it should sort itself out within a few weeks (and to come back again if it hasn't). The doctor also said that apparently I have very lax/loose ligaments, far looser than she'd expect to see on any normal person, and that's why I may have had problems with my ankles in the past. I was recommended a knee support and ibuprofen.
In some senses I was very relieved that it was nothing more serious, and that I wouldn't have to have any further appointments etc. But in another sense I'm a bit annoyed/upset/etc. that I have this tendency to do this - have problems with my limbs. I do love walking and running so much, but it's just made really hard when my some part of my limbs start aching after walking a little way (don't ask me why I chose to come to Bristol !!!) I know that if this is my main health problem I should be very grateful. But that's very easily said, but much harder to act out.
p.s. Thank you to those who have been praying. Especially to the person who prayed at about 11.50pm last night - my knee was really painful all yesterday, but suddenly at 11.50 it stopped hurting ! (Not completely, I could still feel that something wasn't completely right, but enough for me to be able to sleep well and not be distracted as much.) Just the suddenness of it couldn't have been anything other than God answering a prayer, so thank you.
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment