End of term ! Woohoo !!! - Or at least I had my last official lecture yesterday morning. I was so glad I didn't have to go in for 9 today: it meant I could sleep in a little (i.e. for me a lie-in counts as sleeping til 9 rather than waking up at 7 !) I'm now very much looking forward to going home, and although I have much work I need to do this holiday somehow, I think I'll just give myself a bit of time to recover from the term first before I start on that.
I've had a very hectic and rather stressful week, but that's more in terms of trying to fit in all the things I was supposed to be doing. I did have a rather trying day on wednesday too. But although it has been hectic, I have done some really nice things too. Yesterday evening was such fun - we had our house Christmas dinner ! Being the first year I've lived out in a house, this is the first year I've had anything like that, and it was really fun ! We had lots of food, crackers, a bottle of wine, took lots of photos...plus we opened our 'secret santa' presents - everyone was really inventive for having only had £10 to spend ! We then played pictionnary til about 10.30. I've also had other fun things this week, a few of which include: my first time going to the Christian Union Christmas banquet (on tuesday), the carol service back up in Wills (on wednesday), yesterday I also went out for lunch with everyone from the lab where I've been working this past term. That was really nice, but very sad too cause it marks the end of my lab project, or at least the actual practical work side of things as yesterday was also my last day in the lab. I'm going to miss the people I've been working with so much. Although it has been very hard at times working in the lab, I will miss it, and it'll be odd going from working alongside these people pretty much every day 10-5/5.30 to then not seeing them much next term at all.
Anyway, I have a few bits and pieces to finish off today, not least of which is packing (haven't even started thinking about it yet, and I'm going home tomorrow !!) so I had best go for now. I will hopefully still post a bit when I'm at home, but I can't be sure how often it'll be yet. I'm sure I will probably post again before Christmas, but I shall say anyway that I hope that all those going home from Bristol soon have safe journeys and that everyone has a really great Christmas. I shall blog soon. xx
Friday, December 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment