Indeed, what an eventful evening I've had - full of fun (both actual fun and the sarcastic kind, if you get my meaning.)
The first eventful thing that happened, was when I was cooking supper (or dinner as I should call it - so insists one of my housemates). It was obviously so smokey in the kitchen, that the fire alarm decided to go off. Now, this happens quite a lot, so as I have always done, I just push the mute button, and then try and reset it when the smoke has gone. But alas, I obviously tried to reset it too soon, as it kept going off again several times. When I eventually did get it to decide that it wasn't smokey, it decided that it was going to beep nevertheless, in an annoying -"once every 6 seconds" way, and no matter what we did we could not get it to stop (even cutting the power did nothing). So it looks like we're now stuck with this annoying beep until monday, when we can get the Landlord to come and look at it. And you can't escape it, cause no matter where in the house you go, you can still always hear it ! It's very embarrassing. So, if you see me next week looking very tired and frustrated...you'll know why !
Then I had, well I spose you could call it a scenic trip around Clifton. You might also call it 'getting lost'. (I prefer the first option myself). Basically I was going to this houseparty, in an afore unknown to me part of Clifton. I had ever so much fun finding the house (in the sarcastic kind of way). It took me just over half an hour, which is quite bad considering that this house was supposedly near Goldney, and I live by manor (sorry, that will only mean anything if you live in Bristol). I was also a little scared walking down these not-very-well-lit streets by myself, up and down steep hills (as is often the case in Clifton, or Bristol generally), while holding a map, and so letting everyone know that I indeed had no idea where I was going, which is never a very good idea when walking alone.
Anyway, after all that, I did finally make it to the party, and it was really good fun (in the normal sense of the word). It was quite chilled out, I had some good chats with people I hadn't chatted properly to for a while, and we played the most amusing games of twister ever - I haven't laughed so hard in ages !!! Although it was fun, it was also in a way quite sad too, cause the party was to say farewell to Ollie, who's soon leaving Bristol, probably permanently. He'll be very missed.
I'd better go and sleep now I suppose. This is probably one of the latest nights I've had this term. But before I go, 2 things:
-although I haven't been having a great week, my knee is feeling slightly better at the moment (well, at least nothing like the agony of sunday and monday) - I think the knee support helps a lot.
-Secondly, I realised that I haven't been keeping my promise of more Christmas jokes ! So here comes another (very bad again, sorry.)
Q: What national disasters occur when you drop the Christmas dinner ?
A: The downfall of turkey, the disintegration of China, and the overthrow of grease (Greece) - get it ! Haha...well, ok, I'll try and think up a better one for next time. You have to excuse me, my poor brain is tired. :-) Night night !
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, see new post - thankfully it has stopped now, and so won't drive me insane !! But thank you.
Yes, we did get your card Alison. Thank you so much !! Was very exciting to receive it in the post ! :-)
You take care too !
xx
p.s. I love your recent additions to your blog :-D
Post a Comment